2017 Educational Awards for Excellence
The Anglo-Thai Society is delighted to present the Educational Awards for Excellence 2017 to Thai students studying in the UK, it's aim being to recognise the exceptional academic achievements of Thai post-graduate scholars in the UK.
The deadline for applications is 30th June, 2017. The winners will be announced by 12th October, 2017.
To apply, please fill out the application form here.
The awards ceremony and reception will be held at The Oriental Club, Stratford Place, London W1C 1ED on Friday, 17th November 2017. The winning candidates will be expected to present a three-minute talk and display their work at the Reception.
Title of the Awards
The Anglo-Thai Society presents Educational Awards for Excellence in:
1. Science (PhD students only)
2. Medical Science (PhD students only)
3. Engineering and/or Technology (PhD students only)
4. Humanities and Social Science (PhD students only)
5. Environment (PhD students only)
6. The Arts, including Architecture, Design and Music (Masters and PhD students)
7. Award for a non-Thai national at a UK university [research focussed on Thailand] (Masters and PhD students)
8. Special Award for a Thai Chevening Scholar (PhD students only)
Criteria for the Awards
The Annual Awards are for Thai students in the final stages of their PhD research in the UK and who have a record of outstanding performance during their time of study here. The judges will consist of a panel of distinguished academics who will take into consideration the contribution this research makes to the Thai nation and the world in general. To be considered for the shortlist, candidates should submit the following:
- Brief CV plus photograph.
- Letter of support from your Academic Supervisor or Tutor. Please click on the link below for guidance.
- A Statement of Achievement, with an abstract of your thesis (e.g. publications, conferences attended and other outstanding work/experience during the last 2-3 years of research in the UK). Not more than 2 A4 size pages size pages (email preferred).
- State clearly how your research will benefit Thailand.
- Please also state clearly for which of the above awards you are applying.
Nature of the Awards
These are essentially honorary awards. The winner of each category will receive a plaque engraved with their name and a cheque for £300 donated by generous sponsors of the scheme, including H.E. the Ambassador of Thailand. Other prizes and diplomas will also be awarded for recognition in each field.
Calendar of Events
Sunday 9th April
Songkran Festival at Buddhpadipa Thai Temple, Calonne Road, Wimbledon.
Friday 28th April
A concert of 'Schubert: The Lord is My Shepherd' at St Paul's Church, Covent Garden. 6:00 pm.
Tuesday, 16th May
Talk by David Hallmark on The Travels and Trials of an English Adventurer Advocate in Thailand 1970-1971. For more details and how to book please click here